We recently had a visit from a lovely young group of children from one of the local nurseries in Beeston in order to raise importance of good oral health. The children arrived eager and enthusiastic for what was in store and they were shown around one our dental surgeries in order to familiarise them with the surroundings to prepare them for their next dental check up.
Our foundation dentists Jordan and Kamran and our dental nurse Amy spent the morning teaching the children the importance of visiting the dentist and how to look after our teeth. This included:
- Basic Anatomy and the functions of our teeth
- Demonstrating the correct tooth brushing technique
- What causes tooth decay
- Eating healthy
- Fun interactive games to highlight the surprising quantity of sugars in our general diet
- Demonstration of the dental tools and equipment
- Oral Heal Education presentation
- And of course, a well done sticker!!!
The children were a great group to work with and our team thoroughly enjoyed having them. We concluded by providing each child with an oral health pack consisting of a new toothbrush, toothpaste, a 2 minute timer and an educational leaflet. The children were delighted and left feeling a lot more comfortable about visiting the dentist compared to when they first arrived.
Please contact the practice and speak to are Oral Health Nurse Kayleigh for more information and to arrange an Oral Health session. We're more than happy to welcome groups of children here or visit local schools and nurseries.