Happy Halloween from the team at Beeston Dental Practice!
Trick or Treat? But don't eat too many sweets!!
Halloween is all about dressing up in scary outfits, carving pumpkins, going trick or treating and having lots of fun! Follow some of our top tips to look after your fangs this Halloween.
Some top Tricks:
Keep sweets and chocolate to meal times to reduce the amount of sugar exposure
- Avoid snacking on sweets and chocolate throughout the day as this can increase your risk of dental decay
- Avoid sugary drinks such as fizzy and energy drinks
- Make sure you brush you teeth twice a day for two minutes with a fluoride toothpaste
- Keep up with regular dental check ups wit your dentist
Some top Treats:
- Instead of offering sweets, why not try some alternatives such as stickers, small toys, bubbles and glow sticks
- Cheese, nuts and bread sticks are a healthier alternative as they are less likely to cause dental decay
- Offer some Halloween themed stickers instead of sweets